Squeak default look

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Wed Apr 17 07:52:44 UTC 2002

Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> said:
>> o don't use toyish window and background colors.
>
>This one's definitely a matter of taste.  I think a lot of Squeakers
>like having different colors for each type of window so that it's
>visually easy to quickly spot a certain window in a group.

I think it's a very good use of color. Would that my X11 window manager could
support it...

>(p.s. On a mostly unrelated note, I'm using Netscape 6.2 on OS X to
>write this message, and the (plain-text) text editor is horribly
>bug-ridden, probably the worst I've ever seen. [...]

It's crap. With them claiming all over the place that version 6 is a total
rewrite, it's funny to see most of the bugs and irregular behavior of the
dreaded Netscape 4 editor turning up again ;-). Well, NS4 is way buggier,
actually, so they did make some progress. (how hard can it be to make a decent
mail editing widget?)

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>