Spreading Smalltalk

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Wed Apr 17 05:39:19 UTC 2002

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
	2. Produce good reference docs by integrating some form of documentation
	tools in the environment. Otherwise it will always be out of synch. This
	isn't that hard to do - there are already numerous tools for producing
	HTML docs (Dandelion etc).

This solves the wrong problem.  The problem is missing *text*,
and Dandelion can't invent explanations and instructions that are
just not there.  It's like having JavaDoc, it does very little for
you until you give it some comments that it can copy into the HTML
files.  (I always find that JavaDoc answers questions I don't have
and doesn't answer questions I do have; in my software engineering
class I wheel Squeak in to demonstrate some of the useful navigation
that JavaDoc _can't_ do.)