HooRay! iPAQ Squeaking!

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Wed Apr 17 14:14:57 UTC 2002

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Craig Latta wrote:

> 	Using GAPI is one way to get that. :)  I personally like having
> convenient host OS controls. Screen real estate is much less an issue
> with virtual desktop software (e.g., NVD from nyditot.com). With that I
> have no problem with large windows/fonts; they just get zoomed/scrolled.
> I'm writing an equivalent thing in Squeak, by the way.

Can't wait to play with it!

> 	I use it as a musical instrument, and as an impromptu development/demo
> machine.

Do you have any specific tools for using it for creating sounds?  I've had
this itching idear in me head of some sort of music-pad, where the sample
chosen and the pitch

    ---------------
 ^  |T L1 L2 L3 L4| <-- button bar, tapping on T sets tempo,
 |  |--------------     tapping on the Ls, allows a loop to be
 p  |             |     programmed
 i  |             |
 t  |             |
 c  |             |

    ---sample-no--->

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
  "A weed is just a plant whose virtures have not
                     yet been discovered."            :: r. w. emerson