Spreading Smalltalk

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Wed Apr 17 15:27:38 UTC 2002

 <goran.hultgren at bluefish.se> said:
>I like strict, clean, fastloading sites with a "good look". Perhaps like this
>one:
>
>http://pike.roxen.com/

Or my homepage ;-)

>Yep. How about moving it all to a CVS server or a renderSwiki or
>something? To make it easy for a selected few to change it and keep it
>alive. And we could also throw a little "Web Site Design Competition" to
>whip up a few samples for how it could look. And then we can vote on it
>(I can tweak my voting mechanism on SqueakDot to be able to have other
>choices than Yes/No. :-)

I've seriously considered moving it to Zope as a proof-of-concept. It's
the competition (but Jim Fulton, the techie behind Zope, still thinks
Smalltalk is cool, so he's cool and therefore Zope's cool ;-)), but it is
there and offers *everything* out of the box to setup a very complete portal.

(we host Zope and are extremely happy with it).

With time-to-market thrown into the calculation, Zope might be the way to go.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>