O'Reilly Squeak book?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Apr 17 23:06:50 UTC 2002

>>>>> "Alan" == Alan Kay <Alan.Kay at squeakland.org> writes:

Alan> Actually Mark, you would be at the top of my list to write and/or
Alan> organize the new book in question. Another would be Randall Schwartz
Alan> ... Or ...  heh heh ...

or ('Randall Schwartz' copyWithoutIndex: 7) perhaps? :-)

It's not the first time I've thought about a Squeak book.  My
introduction to Smalltalk was running the -80 image at Tek on a
Magnolia, and I still own a 4404 that'll run Tek Smalltalk (if it
boots :) somewhere in my storage room (next to my Processor Technology
Sol-20, no doubt :).

I was approached last year about doing a Squeak book, and started
putting some thought into it.  The problem is finding time in an
already crazy schedule.

But I'd certainly have an "in" with O'Reilly, if you needed it.