HooRay! iPAQ Squeaking!

Ohshima, Yoshiki Yoshiki.Ohshima at disney.com
Wed Apr 17 23:57:19 UTC 2002

  Russell and other iPAQuerkers,

> *  Haven't yet looked into Genie, been too happy playing around with
> full cursive recognition - just like being back in Newtonland, but
> clunkier.

  It has got a built in GeniePlugin.  I'm not so sure how
well the primitive and the Squeak Genie are in sync, but
Nathanael tested it and it was working:-)

> * Is it possible to go "Full screen" under WinCE, or must I put up with
> the little bar down the bottom of the screen?

  If I remember correctly, you can't go to full screen mode
with nonGAPI VM.  However, there is no technical reason.  It
should be possible to allow full screen mode with little VM
change.

> * The speed of the software is suprisingly fast - I was bracing myself
> for something much slower!

  And XScale PDAs are coming very soon...

> * What do other squeakers with iPAQs use them for?

  Now and then, we use it for our internal projects to
mockup things from a kind of photo stand to future PDA.

-- Yoshiki