O'Reilly Squeak book?

Ivan Tomek ivan.tomek at acadiau.ca
Thu Apr 18 17:54:11 UTC 2002

Hi,

I think that an O'Reilley book specifically about Squeak is too restrictive
and excludes the other dialects. I think that for most of us, it's really
mainly Smalltalk in one form or another that we want to publicize. What
about a Ruby-in-a-Nutshell-style/size book consisting basically of
three-parts:

1. Base common to all dialects.
2. Application areas such as DB, Internet, ... each divided into sections
covering dialect-specific approaches to the same problems.
3. Short chapters dedicated to major dialects presenting the nature and
special features of each.

Comments?

Ivan

P.S. Would anybody be interested in a BOF session on the subject in
Cincinnati?