O'Reilly Squeak book?

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Thu Apr 18 19:20:41 UTC 2002

I think that most people starting with Squeak lack -- not how to
write expressions in Smalltalk, but -- the basic knowledge of how to
do useful things using Morphic and the other UI and multimedia tools.
Also, the tools themselves, though powerful, are kind of randomly
organized and are in the state they were in when their creators lost
interest in packaging them.

So I think some packaging should be done -- I have suggested that the
"superset of Hypercard" which extends over multimedia, etc. be the
focus -- this should be made stable, and a book should be made
available about how to do stuff.

Cheers,

Alan

------