[3.2.gamma][documentation][tutorial] (was: Re: Who has no job?)

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Thu Apr 18 20:47:07 UTC 2002

Hannes Hirzel <hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch> said:
>Believe it or not: there are publishers who produce multimedia titles on
>CDROMs. Normally they are sold in paper packages about 4cm thick with
>nice color pictures on them to make people feel they are really buying
>something.

I believe it. However, it seems to be a fringe market. I do concur
that a Squeak production would be way better to convey the message,
but a Squeak book would help more in raising general awareness of the
thing just because the book market is orders of magnitude larger than
the multimedia production market.  (plus, a lot of people don't like
sitting upright behind a CRT in order to read lots of texts - books have
better ergonomics).

Of course, there's nothing against doing both. Couldn't imagine a Squeak book
without a CD inside the cover. Think about combining the relative strengths
of both media, link between them (a sort of flow where you let the user read
for an hour or so, then move him to the supplied image for half an hour, and
back...).

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>