Who has no job? (was Re: O'Reilly Squeak book?)

Bruce Cohen brucecohen at qwest.net
Thu Apr 18 20:59:23 UTC 2002

At 8:32 AM -0400 4/18/02, Stephan B. Wessels wrote:
>Yes that is probably true.
>
>However I always found ways to use Squeak in my former work.
>
>Having no income is really different from being denied use of a tool
>however.  It causes a different kind of stress.  :)

Indeed.  But you can always ignore commandments of this sort.  You
know the old saw, "It is better to ask for forgiveness than beg for
permission."

Although I have to admit that I had to leave one job (at Tektronix,
no less!) because I refused to spit on Smalltalk, and actually
suggested that it might be good for something.  The engineering
manager of the division had declared fatwah on Smalltalk (he was a
C++ person), and I didn't understand the depths of his zeal.

Bruce

--
"The joke is over when the head falls off." - Scotts' proverb
=========
brucecohen at qwest.net