SORE doesn't work when moving image from Linux->Windows

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Fri Apr 19 14:50:58 UTC 2002

[Save Once, Run Everywhere :-)]

I prepared a nice little image for the demo on my kids' school this morning,
and being laptopless I was forced to use some guy's NT notebook (which wasn't
fun, the VM kept hanging on it, both 3.0 'official' and the latest - last May
- 3.1alpha I could find).

The VM's refused to startup my Linux image. Until I noted the hashbang prefix
on the linux image, copied the image with dd stripping of the first 512 bytes,
and everything worked.

I am not sure whether this has anything to do with the fact that neither VM
was really very new, but I just wanted to report that I found something that
sits in the way of "runs bit-identical on every platform".

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>