[BUG] fetchDocumentation / broadcastDocumentation doesn't work in 3.3a

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Apr 19 16:03:38 UTC 2002

After noticing that 3.2g had serious problems with the "fetch
documentation" choice in the shifted browser menu, I decided to try
it in 3.3a. At least I didn't get a walkback when I tried to fetch
it. Instead I was given a little playfield in which to put my docs.
Great! So I typed some description in, then hunted around under
playfield options and found "broadcast documentation", and then it
tried to FTP it to ftp://ftp.cs.uiuc.edu/incoming . However,
accessing that directory gets a "550 No such directory" error.

Seems like we might want to make this documentation collection
actually work, no? Or get rid of that menu choice.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com