[BUG][MODULES] Have Modules broken old Project loading?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Apr 19 16:26:20 UTC 2002

I tried with a recent 3.3a image to load several of the projects on
BSS, and on each one I was greeted with a error that said: "You
cannot add new modules at the top level".

This is also what I got when I tried to file in a change set from 3.2
in which I'd changed the superclass of an existing class in the stock
image.

Apparently what's happening in the project loading is that the class
Project has been reshaped. So in SmartRefStream>>mapClass:origName:
we're trying to do

	Object subclass: #Fake37Project
		instanceVariableNames: oldInstVars allButFirst
		classVariableNames: ''
		poolDictionaries: ''
		category: 'Obsolete'

which is blowing up with the above complaint.

Isn't it possible to make a conversion method in Project so we can
still read these older projects?

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com