RFD : comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Fri Apr 19 20:48:33 UTC 2002

On 19 Apr 2002, Samir Saidani wrote:

[snip]
> RATIONALE: comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak
>
> Squeakers desire a forum for information related to the squeak
> language.

I, qua Squeaker, have several. They are pretty much satisfactory and I
don't see the need for a newsgroup, actually. But that's just me.

> There have been multiple threads posted in
> comp.lang.smalltalk.* groups and in squeak-dev list suggesting the
> need for this new group.

Is that a good reason? I though traffic had to justify it. Last I checked,
squeak traffic on comp.lang.smalltalk was fine. Indeed, I'd hate to split
it. comp.lang.dolphin hasn't done too well, imho.

[snip]

Cheers,
Bijan.