Problem with Socket under Linux...

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Mon Apr 22 19:29:18 UTC 2002

Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu> wrote:
> In message <E16zdxI-0002A8-00 at leia.bluefish.se>
>           goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
> > (I am trying VMMaker but I stumbled right before "configure" - can't
> > really understand where it should be... It sure isn't in my VMMaker
> > generated "src" directory anyway. Whatever.)
> From you're message to me, you're trying to follow old instructions; see
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2173 for recent info.

Hmmm, well, my problem was that I hadn't understood that "src" must be
placed as a sister directory to "platforms". I am also not sure if I can
place the directory "build" wherever I like - that perhaps I can.
Anyway, now it works I think, I got a VM at least! :-) Apart from that,
and that I had to install X dev libraries (but in Debian it was just
"apt-get install blabla") I have had no problems sofar.

regards, Göran

PS. Minnow was down earlier so that is why I couldn't find more accurate
info... ;-) DS