PLEASE use MIME Atttachments! (was: Re: [FIX] Comments for Set...)

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Tue Apr 23 01:52:10 UTC 2002

Bert Freudenberg <bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:
	Just a reminder for everyone posting change sets:

	Please use MIME conformant attachments (preferably BASE64 encoded, gzipped
	if large)  rather then uuencoded stuff or, even worse, text pasted into
	the message.  Every decent mail client supports these. If your's does not,
	then use Squeak's Celeste to post (in the change sorter, choose "mail to
	list").

No, my mail user agent counts as 'decent' by any criterion I care about,
and does _not_ support attachments.  Be sure that I first of all tried
using Celeste to send these things, but they vanished without trace.
(
	With uuencoded text messages, the archives either display a dump or get
	confused due to HTML tags:

		http://swiki.gsug.org:8080/sqfixes/2378.html