[BUG] Problem with POPSocket

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Apr 23 16:09:12 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 23 April 2002 09:02 am, Ken Causey wrote:
> No, that does indeed eliminate the problem.  Is it a requirement
> that this be run before any network access be made?  If so,
> shouldn't it be run on image start every time?  Or maybe run at
> some point in network socket setup?

it's called in POPSocket>>connectToPOP so ordinarily shouldn't be a
problem.

The problem is that initializing the network might cause some systems
to dial the modem, etc., and you don't want this happening until you
actually need the network.

So you should call it before making a connection, but no earlier. Look
for senders of initializeNetwork.

Whether it would make sense to call it elsewhere I don't know.
--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com