PLEASE use MIME Atttachments! (was: Re: [FIX] Comments for Set...)

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Wed Apr 24 12:48:44 UTC 2002

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:

[snip]
> Can we just accept that decision? [to use mime] Accepting multiple
> formats will surely create problems of different kinds and we can do
> without that.

IMO, not without offering alternative tools. For example, Richard, would
an HTTP based submission form that "did the right thing" from the rest of
the tools point of view be acceptible for you? (Especially if it were
integrated into the change sorters?)

The mail to list feature improved the uniformity of submissions
dramatically, so I suspect we can do better by toolish enticement than
even social enforcement.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.