Would the real Unix VM sources please stand up?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 25 22:52:43 UTC 2002

> > Therefore, I think the Squeak homepage needs to be updated to point to
> > SF for the official Unix VM. *After* the SF project has made a release
> > available for download so people don't need to use CVS to get to an SF
> > based VM ;-)
My original expectation was/is that at Some Suitable Juncture(tm) the SF
code would be used to generate sets of sources that can be pickled in
whatever manner suits various platforms. These would the be placed in
Some Suitable Place(tm) along with pre-built vms for as many platforms
as can be practicably provided.

Since we're still trying to get something approaching final agreement on
what files should be where, how they should be spelt, what colour they
should be and how to dress them, we're a bit away from doing all this.
Patience is called for, after all VMMaker has only been around for 18
months.

tim

Useful random insult:- Result of a first cousin marriage.