PLEASE use MIME Atttachments! (was: Re: [FIX] Comments for Set...)

Bert Freudenberg bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Apr 26 09:30:14 UTC 2002

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:

> Bert Freudenberg <bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:
> 	Then it should also be no problem to use "mailto" for sending mails
>       with MIME attachments. Or, if you really prefer stripped-to-the-bones
>       programs, use "metasend".
>
> a% which mailto
> (no output)
> a% which metasend
> (no output)
> (same response on several other machines here)
>
> Tell me where to find these programs and I will be happy to try them.

I thought you were on Solaris and these are installed on our solaris
machines. The programs come in the "metamail" package, which surely is
available for your platform somewhere. I know there are packages for
FreeBSD, Solaris, Irix, RedHat, Debian, you name it. Just do a google
search for "metamail YourOS". The original distribution is here
ftp://thumper.bellcore.com:/pub/nsb/mm2.7.tar.Z
ftp://thumper.bellcore.com:/pub/nsb/README

-- Bert