How to detect shift down

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Apr 27 00:42:53 UTC 2002

On Friday 26 April 2002 05:37 pm, John M McIntosh wrote:
> I'll point out on the mac (classic, carbon, os-x mach-o) You can
> see just the shift key being pressed, without any other activity.
> If not it's a bug.

That could very well be (I'd like to see all the key events too).

What's the event look like for a shift key up/down? I'm curious as to
what key character to report. I didn't see any place to put it in the
character map.

Or is this reported by an empty mouse event (which is probably what
I'd do), or by a different kind of event altogether?

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com