How do you define "object-oriented"?

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Sat Apr 27 09:16:49 UTC 2002

Avi Bryant <avi at beta4.com> said:
>Sure; although if you're chucking the base class library, you could just
>use Ruby instead, which is a pretty nice sweet spot between Smalltalk and
>Python to begin with.

I've tried to start with Ruby at least three times now. Every time I'm turned
off by this line noise that you have to scribble in front of variables. So I
think I stick with Python (especially now that is incorporates most that Ruby
once had over Python and then some - isn't competition great?)

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>