Looking for auto completion widget

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Sat Apr 27 15:46:40 UTC 2002

"Stephan B. Wessels" <swessels at one.net>  wrote...

>I did something like that in the enhanced IRC client for Squeak to support
>nick completion.  When the user started to type letters and then typed the
>TAB key I quickly scanned through the nicks of other members on that IRC
>channel and then started stepping the user through any possible matches.
>
>You might be able to adopt something from that code, although it was part of
>a larger scheme to handle other input "oddities" too.  Have a look through
>the code associated with PluggableInterceptingTextMorph and how it was used.
>
>I'd published an update to the mailing list recently but you can also find
>the code here: http://w3.one.net/~swessels/pages/steve/squeak/index.html
>
>Hope that helps.
>
> - Steve

Also, as I'm sure everyone knows, any Squeak code pane will complete the name of a partially typed selector if you hit cmd-q ("query symbols" ;-).  If it's ambiguous, successive strokes will cycle through the partial matches.  That code is based in ParagraphEditor>>querySymbol:.

[If you didn't know about this feature and like it, then you will want to know about cmd-sh-A too]

	- Dan