RFD : comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Apr 27 22:55:59 UTC 2002

Hannes Hirzel <hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch> wrote:

> I prefer keeping the mailing list as well. My main argument: I switched
> using Celester some weeks ago and I like to stay in the Squeak

Incidentally, there is also a Smalltalk news reader called NewsAgent
floating around.  I haven't tried it myself.

> environment
> when communicating with my Squeak colleagues. The collection of mails
> will develop in a offline support database when indexed properly with
> tags and
> keywords (however full text search is allways possible) and I like the
> fact
> that I can execute code snippets directly from the mail reader. I
> consider this
> to be unique (world-wide; or does anybody know of another system which
> allows
> this?).

Emacs is like that.  If you see Lisp expressions in an email (or any
text buffer), then you can execute it with C-x C-e.  For other languages
you could change the mode of the buffer to use the relevant language,
and then use a key-press for that mode.

-Lex