Vote now! (was Re: straw-man 3.2 default preferences)

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Mon Apr 29 04:01:07 UTC 2002

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:

> "Stephan B. Wessels" <swessels at one.net> wrote:
>
>>On 4/18/02 11:16 PM, "Jon Hylands" <jon at huv.com> wrote:

>>>Well, I certainly would (and do).
>>>
>>>I think you should also seriously consider setting the windows to all
>>>white, or at least all the same (light pastel) color.
>>>
>>I'd vote for the pastel settings by default.
>>

> I like the colors! "Go colors, go colors!".
>
> Don't let all these gray-stripe-Windows-users drag us down to the boring
> bottomless pit of white backgrounds! :-) Who knows, the next thing they
> may come up with is removing the mouse logo! Stop this nonsense right
> NOW:
>
> Make your voice heard at <a
> href="http://anakin.bluefish.se:8080/squeakdot">SqueakDot</a> (There is
> a poll up!)
>
> Vote for multiple colors! Vote now!

A minor gripe about this poll... at first I assumed the poll was a vote
on whether one prefers multiple colored windows in general (including
borders and titlebars), versus windows all of one color.  I think this
was the context of the discussion above.  But it appears from the
further description on the poll that it's about whether or not to have
white backgrounds, assuming multi-colored windows.  (People might vote
differently on these two questions, at least I would.)

It's a cool idea to have polls on these sorts of topics, though... it's
good to get a rough sample of opinions.

This particular poll as it stands seems to be "neck and neck" right now
(a horse-racing term meaning very close, for the non-native English
speakers out there :) ).

- Doug Way
   dway at riskmetrics.com