PLEASE use MIME Atttachments! (was: Re: [FIX] Comments for Set...)
Richard A. O'Keefe
ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Sun Apr 28 23:39:08 UTC 2002
(Hmm. I suppose I could
- make my change sets on machine X.
- ftp them to machine Y.
- send myself a message on machine Y with the change set as an attachment.
- read my own message and save it to a file.
- ftp the file to machine Z.
- send the message from machine Z.
trying this... b****r, machine X froze, reboot machine X...
3/4 hour later, *curse*! mail sent from Y to myself on Y
never arrived (and I _do_ have 'set metoo' in my .mailrc).
The mail I sent to myself from machine Y eventually _did_ arrive.
Guess what I found?
The fancy GUI mail user agent on machine Y uses *uuencode* for attachments!
Sometimes I think I should have been a 'cellist.
More information about the Squeak-dev