Using Squeak as http client rather than http server

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalk.org
Mon Apr 29 04:42:12 UTC 2002

I hope somebody can give me some insight here...

I've been looking at Comanche (and PWS).  The basic job of these is to:
(1) listen on a TCP/IP port for http requests, and then (2) respond to
the request by answering back a stream of html text.  This is, of
course, the classic "http server" duty.

However, I don't know how to do the opposite.  That is, compose an http
'POST' request, and send it off to another server.  In other words, I
don't want to respond to an incoming request, but instead be the
originator of a request to another system.

Does anybody have any sample code for this?

Thanks,

Nevin