Website look

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Apr 29 17:06:49 UTC 2002

On Monday 29 April 2002 10:02 am, Peter Crowther wrote:
> > From: Lex Spoon [mailto:lex at cc.gatech.edu]
> > The font and indemnification and export clauses are
> > nothing for someone trying to use Squeak in practice.
>
> You may not export the Software to a national of any US embargoed
> country, or anyone on a couple of US Government internal lists.
> Are you sure you never have?

It seems remarkably silly to me for Apple to have included the export
restrictions in their license.

After all, if you're a US citizen, you're already bound by whatever
export restrictions are the law in your country. And if you're not,
well, then you're not.

What place do these have in a software license?

Does my exporting the software to the "bad guys" affect Apple in any
way, with or without the license mentioning the export regulations?

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com