[BUG] MailMessage/MIMEDocument parsing doesn't work beyond the first level.

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Apr 29 17:25:40 UTC 2002

Ken Causey <ken at ineffable.com> wrote:

> OK, that's very interesting as this does work.  But this indicates even
> more clearly that the MailMessage instances returned as a result of
> MailMessage>>parts are apparently not correctly formed, since they are
> not functionally equivalent to instantiating an instance manually from
> the text using MailMessage class>>from:.

Can you be more explicit, like with some example code?  There are two
#parts floating around, you know -- I bet this is what you bumped into.
MIMEDocument>>parts is doing guesswork, and it isn't surprising that a
complex message can trip it up.  Now that we have MailMessage>>parts,
this method should probably go away.  At the least, it should be renamed
#guessParts.  Before doing so, however, we just need to figure out if any
code is still using the old versian.

-Lex