[Q][morphic] how to hide submorphs

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Apr 29 19:54:13 UTC 2002

On Monday 29 April 2002 12:45 pm, Martin Drautzburg wrote:
> Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> writes:
> > On Monday 29 April 2002 10:41 am, Martin Drautzburg wrote:
> > > How can I hide a submorph ? #hide makes a submorph invisible
> > > but it still gets mouse events and thus will allow dragging its
> > > parent.
> >
> > If you don't want the parent to be picked up by mouse down, tell
> > it to be sticky:
>
> My problem is I have submorphs outside the area of its parent (I
> did it again). Occasionally I want to hide them but if I use #hide
> I can still drag the parent from the invisible submorphs. The
> parent should not be sticky as such.

If you turn on clipping in the parent, the submorphs outside the
parent bounds shouldn't be a problem (because they won't be visible).

Also if the parent overrides containsPoint: to return false when the
point is outside its bounds, you won't be able to interact with the
submorphs.

Also, some kinds of morphs will not respond to an event if they're
transparent.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com