Some 3D initial reactions

Bill Schwab BILLS at ANEST4.ANEST.UFL.EDU
Tue Apr 30 03:38:57 UTC 2002

Joshua,

Based on your overlapping morph suggestion, I just tried it on the
P3 with the original morph framing (which probably overlapped by a
pixel along any or all edges) and again with framing that keeps
morphs well-away from the two 3D views.

I'm still seeing a degredation of performance when acceleration is
enabled (and it is hitting the disk every second if not a little faster),
BUT, without acceleration, the frame rate went from 10-15 and
struggling to keep up with user input to 20-30 and responsive.  It
will be interesting to see what happens on the P2.

Thanks!

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida