Squeak.org

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Tue Apr 30 03:03:02 UTC 2002

and Nevin Pratt <nevin at smalltalkpro.com> replied...
>I might add that if the IP address of 'squeak.org' has changed (which is likely since it looks like you ditched the old ISP), it might take a few days for the various DNS caches on the various machines around the world to get the updated IP.
>
>So, for some people, it still might not be up :-)

It should be up for everyone because step 1 was just to deal with the service-free ISP and upgrade the service so as to restore access.  And this I have done.

However, we are also in process on the other fork of the solution, as it involves a couple of further steps (my registrant info is all out of date, so I can't monkey with my  registration until I get things straightened out through various non-on-line mechanisms).

But the plan is still to take things into our own hands, and this should be able to happen within a week.  Isn't it funny to have a language that you can change faster than your web site service parameters?  ;-)

I want to thank everyone for the wonderful show of support we've received in this brief trauma.  We may well come back to one of you for long-term hosting of Squaek.org after the dust settles.

And thanks, all, for your patience, too

	- Dan