Website look

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Tue Apr 30 06:59:52 UTC 2002

Bert Freudenberg <bert at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Göran Hultgren wrote:
>
> > [...] But I still think it (the phrase on Squeak.org) should either be
> > written differently - or, if people really insist on keeping the current
> > phrase "Squeak is open source." then IMHO it should be accompanied with
> > an explanation of FACTS. [...]
>
> Actually, the current wording is "Squeak comes under an open source
> license, meaning that you can download and use it for free."

Sorry, my fault, I quote myself from the initial post:

"Btw - perhaps we should change the wording "Squeak comes under an open
source license" to perhaps "Squeak has a very liberal license" or
something like that. I think the last word on OpenSource certification
was that SqueakL is NOT OpenSource."

> This is only the intro page. All the detail is in the "About" page,
> including an explanation of the license terms.

Yes, I know.

> > All this may sound silly to a lot of you [...]
>
> Indeed. I'm glad you acknowledge that ;-)

Well, it was never meant to become a long thread! It was just a detail
that I thought could perhaps be changed in order to avoid
misunderstandings or accusations of false claims.

But obviously I am quite alone in thinking this - which may very well
mean that I am "wrong" - so let's just forget it, it's not that I care
THAT much! ;-)

> -- Bert

regards, Göran