Stupid networking question

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Tue Apr 30 20:02:31 UTC 2002

Hello all-

Somewhere last night, my Squeak's networking stopped working.  Socket
initializeNetwork doesn't remedy things. I've narrowed it down to the name
resolution- connecting to IPs works fine.

If I eval:
NetNameResolver nameForAddress: 'www.squeak.org' timeout: 10

It just sits there, hung, not timing out after 10 seconds.  When I Cmd-.
it, the topmost method called is Semaphore>>#critical:IfError: called by
NetNameResolver class>>#nameForAddress:timeout:.

I'm running 3.2g-4827 on Mac OS X w/ the 3.2.6B8 Carbon VM. Nothing has
changed in my OS X network settings, no problem resoving names in 'native'
OS X apps.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"the only difference it makes if some dust on the clay"  :: atmosphere