Remote access to Celeste db?

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Tue Apr 30 21:08:04 UTC 2002

I'd like to switch to Celeste.  What has kept me back from doing so is
that there's no lo-tek way to access my old email remotely.  Which is why
I continue to use pine. By lo-tek, I mean some way that's accessible by
just telnet/ssh.

Up to this point, I considered eventually that I would eventually create a
telnet server for Squeak, and get my email via a generic object hierarchy
browser, or something primitively like pine.  I'm not sure why it's
escaped me, but it would be rather easy to write up a Comanche module that
spit back my email over the web.  Easy to send email out too.  I suppose
that'd make it mostly a real web-mail client, but such a single-user
system should be easy to set up.

Has anyone started on a project like this, or should I go ahead?  I assume
there would be others interested in using it?

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
  "the end of the human race will be that it will eventually
      die of civilization. "                          :: r. w. emerson