Has anyone bothered to check out SqueakMap?

Göran Hultgren goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Aug 1 00:30:33 UTC 2002

Hi Tim and all!

Quoting Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu>:
> I like the idea. The implementation looks fine (nitpick alert - you
> 'administer' a system, not 'administrate' it) so far as I can examine
> it
> right now.

Ok, I will fix that! :-)

> It would be nice if it were possible to have squeakmap take the file
> and
> upload it somewhere. One of the perennial problems with the web is

Sure, we can add such a facility. The important thing though is that noone is
forced to store their code in ONE single place. SqueakMap is a catalog - not a
repository.

> sites
> moving; we can at least hope that some site like 'squeakfoundation'
> will
> stay around whatever happens to the actual idea ofa squeak foundation.

Yep.

> It might be nice to try to integrate this with the sqfixes page, to get
> everything in one place.

Agree. It is on my drawing board.

> It would be nice to be able to include the elements of the update
> stream
> as some variety of package.

Mmmm. Yes... interesting.

> Good stuff. Now where's that CVS doc you were going to produce so that
> dummies like me can actually have some hope of sticking to whatever
> regime we agreed upon for the vmmaker archive? Waddya mean you need to
> sleep sometimes?

Ehrm... Yes, I know. It is on my list TRULY. Together with fixing Sqcvs. I am
working full time Squeak this week so I think I should manage to squeeze some of
that in.

But now it's 2:27 here so sleep sounds rather tempting... :-)

regards, Göran

Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
\"Department of Redundancy department.\" -- ThinkGeek