Morphic slowness (was Re: Does *anyone* use MVC?)

Bruce Cohen brucecohen at qwest.net
Thu Aug 1 04:20:16 UTC 2002

At 3:16 PM -0700 7/31/02, Tim Rowledge wrote:
>I have noticed
>a) that MVC has been getting slower somehow - missing events in some
>fashion perhaps. This is despite having sped up the Acorn vm by 20%
>recently.
>
>b) that morphic is close to unusable on my pBook 400 OS-X machine and on
>my linux machine (p3/800 or something) these days.

Hmm ... I'm using 3.2 gamma with all updates on a 400 meg PowerBook
OS X right now and doing almost nothing  *but* Morphic programming.
Its' not super-speedy, but performance is OK except when I try to run
too many things at once (like putting "self halt" in a  method that
gets called every 20 milliseconds from a separate thread; very droll
:-(.   The one place where I would like more performance is when
trying to playback a previously recorded event stream; sometimes the
playback just can't keep up if there's something else going on.  But
that's also somewhat of an edge case.  What performance problems are
you seeing?

--
"The joke is over when the head falls off." - Scotts' proverb
=========
brucecohen at qwest.net