[ANN] Introducing Magma, an object database for Squeak

chris at funkyobjects.org chris at funkyobjects.org
Thu Aug 1 03:35:03 UTC 2002

After one of the most substantial programming efforts of my life, I'm
positively ecstatic that my first Squeak project is finally worthy to
show-and-tell to you fine folk!

But first, please excuse me for having linked to the Swiki's home page
from the Magma page, causing it to appear in the "Links to this page".
I'm not sure how long ago I put that in, but I just removed the
swiki-style reference and its cleared it up.

So!  I finally posted the code for Magma!  It's the multiuser
object-database I've been slaving on for the last ... many moons.  It
has transparent access, transactions, optimistic locking, and large
collections.  Built for Squeak, it is utterly easy to use.  I've entered
some pages about it on the Swiki,
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2665.

Please let me know your comments.

 - Chris