Morphic slowness (was Re: Does *anyone* use MVC?)

Göran Hultgren goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Aug 1 22:14:17 UTC 2002

Hi guys!

Quoting Andreas Raab <Andreas.Raab at gmx.de>:
> Tim,
>
> > > What performance problems are you seeing?
> > General tardiness in a non-descript way.
> [...]
> > I suppose we really need some good meaningful test scenarios
> > that can be automated and profiled to really try to sort this out.
>
> Well, then let's get started. You say that opening menus hurts?! So how
[SNIP of tricky code]

I also got triggered by Tim but since I know "nada" about how Morphic works
"inside" I just fling in a "0 halt", investigated the stack to find out where
the heck the Events "get born" and thought I could just insert some tallying
around the Event processing...

Of course this isn't so easy - you need several iterations to get any
interesting results and I couldn't just insert a loop because that would sortof
"mess things up badly" so finally to my question:

1. Could we extend the MessageTally class so that we could create an instance
once and then let it spy on a certain piece of code over and over again and thus
accumulating "real data" but only about the piece of code we are interested in?

Wouldn't this be useful? We could also use it with Wrappers to even more
"pinpoint" the code we want to study.

Or am I talking jibberish?

regards, Göran

Göran Hultgren, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
GSM: +46 70 3933950, http://www.bluefish.se
\"Department of Redundancy department.\" -- ThinkGeek