Magma server protocol (was: Introducing..)

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 1 18:56:27 UTC 2002

PhiHo Hoang wrote:

    Does MagmaServer deliver an object to a client upon request.

    If it does, in what format will the object be delivered.

    If it does not, would you consider this as a feature request :-)

    Would you please document the protocols that MagmaServer supports and
the ports that it does the listening.

    What I have in mind is to give SqM a plugin to talk to MagmaServer and
request the objects that are needed.

======

Hi PhiHo, the protocols between the client and server are objects serialized by
MaObjectSerializer.  Take a look at MaRepositoryController class>>protocol to
see what kinds of objects are passed betwen the server and client.  In there
you will see several "request" classes.  Each of these classes define variables
for the parameters they need.

I apologize for not being familiar wih SqM, what is it?

I'm not sure if I've sufficiently answered your question about the protocols,
please let me know if you still have more questions after looking at those
request classes.

Regards,
  Chris