-headless and blocking users from modifying things

Rob Whitfield rob at customfun.com
Fri Aug 2 02:33:15 UTC 2002

I have a server app that I run with the -headless command line option. The
problem is that on NT (at least) this results in teh squeak icon being
placed in the system tray.  If the user clicks the icon in the system tray
then squak expands, exposing the user to the whole squeak UI.  Is there a
way to lock users out from doing ANYTHING in the squeak UI?  Password
protection perhaps?

If there is nothing straightforward that can be done I may need to build
headless VMs for my various platforms (NT, Mac OSX, Mac OS9).