Is IdentityDictionary>>keyAtValue:ifAbsent: correct?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Aug 2 15:46:58 UTC 2002

Why is this method set up to use identity on the *value*?
I thought we were just concerned about *key* identity...

keyAtValue: value ifAbsent: exceptionBlock
	"Answer the key that is the external name for the argument, value. If
	there is none, answer the result of evaluating exceptionBlock."

	self associationsDo:
		[:association | value == association value ifTrue: [^ association
key]].
	^ exceptionBlock value

It seems to me that this method should be removed (thereby using the
DIctionary version that uses #= instead).

Am I thinking correctly, or is there some reason that this must be
this way?

Thanks,
--
Ned Konz