Morphic slowness (was Re: Does *anyone* use MVC?)

gjjrs0somx001 at sneakemail.com gjjrs0somx001 at sneakemail.com
Fri Aug 2 13:04:28 UTC 2002

Dan wrote:

>A very handy and intuitive tool for checking damage is
>#debugShowDamage, a preference which can be very simply enabled
>through the Preferences panel.
>
>I turned it on and, sure enough, it immediately showed that every
>menu creation (from browser panes as well as the screen menu) is
>invalidating the top left corner of the screen (in exactly the shape
>of the menu).

Actually, in playing around with this a bit, I found that the extra
invalidation isn't always the size of the menu -- sometimes it is
much larger!  I haven't yet figured out what causes the larger
invalidation, but can trigger it by having a Transcript window in the
upper right of the screen, selecting some text in it, then opening a
World menu.

--
      -- tim