demo cd (was: Squeak for WinCE/x86?)

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Wed Aug 7 19:41:53 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 07 August 2002 16:15, Serge Stinckwich wrote:
> [...] It could be nice to modify thid kind of CD
> (it's based on Debian and we have already Squeak debian packages), in
> order to have a live Squeak on CD. Nice to made demo everywhere ! I
> dunno if it's possible to make a hybrid CD that work on both Power-PC
> and i386 architecture ?

You want a CD with Linux and Squeak that can boot on PowerPC machines
and x86 ones? That doesn't make much sense: Squeak also runs on the Mac
OS (9 and X) as well as Windows (95 and NT to XP). So you can make a
single CD with a live Squeak (though having a read only changes file
can have nasty side effects) that will run on all machines and OSes you
might want to demo it on.

A bootable SqueakNOS, on the other hand....

-- Jecel