Anyone here use Prefab?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Aug 7 23:08:00 UTC 2002

Well I'm quite impressed with Prefab. I guess it needs some work to
allow it to do the ol'emulation dance and look like windoze or mac. It
would need menu bar stuff (Jim Benson did a goodie that would make a
good base) and perhaps hierarchical menus (to be honest I think we could
do with them anyway, much better than the current fudge) and maybe
spin-buttons, drop-down menu buttons etc. Probably not a huge amount of
work now you have the framework.

I _really_ don't like windows or mac UI stuff, but almost everyone on
the planet with access to a computer is used to one or the other. When
attempting to do something to make some money, plain is better. Flashy
morphic UIs tend to get blank stares and 'what the hell is that'

One huge advantage I'm finding with using Seaside to produce a web UI is
that it produces a perfectly 'normal' UI that people accept. Of course,
a web browser is a truly lousy UI world, but what the hell, it works.

tim

Useful Latin Phrases:- Visne saltare? Viam Latam Fungosam scio = Do you want to dance? I know the Funky Broadway.