is anybody working on a Zaurus port?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Aug 7 23:11:44 UTC 2002

Tom Rushworth <tbr at mannynkapy.net> is claimed by the authorities to have written:

> I've been looking at it, but I'm a newbie to Squeak and the VM, and don't
> have a lot of spare time either.  After looking at sizes and available
> RAM etc, I thought it would be best to bring up the Squeak VM as a
> QTopia direct framebuffer app.
Several people have taken and built on the framebuffer direct stuff I
did several years ago for the Itsy, including I think Aaron (?).  It
ought not be difficult to sort out, with the only problem I foresee of
any magnitude being handling pixel endian issues. You may need to make
use of the SurfacePlugin stuff to convert from Squeak's slavish copy
of Mac pixel format to the probably little endian Zaurus format.

tim

Strange OpCodes: CSD: Charge Surreptitiously to DOE