Squeak for WinCE/x86?

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Thu Aug 8 06:46:58 UTC 2002

Jimmie Houchin <jhouchin at texoma.net> said:
>I would like to possibly explore this sometime soon. I will be
>purchasing a couple of hard drives and was wanting to explore with my
>Linux setup.

Blochs might be a good tool to explore the whole bootstrap concept.

>What Linux facilities will I want for a fully enabled Squeak?
>Including those which could be used by OSProcess.

Personally, I'd like to explore a Linux with:
- Kernel
- X server
- Squeak
- sh, ifconfig to boot the thing.
So 1 kernel, 4 executables, and a bunch of shared libs. OSProcess would become
a bit useless :-). The idea is to replace /sbin/init (the hard-coded name of
the executable that Linux starts up first) with a little shell script that
sets up the network (that's why I need ifconfig), and then starts the X server
with an xinit script that starts Squeak in full-screen mode.

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg at cdegroot.com>
Cogito ergo evigilo