[BUG]3.2 bug adding class variables

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Fri Aug 9 01:01:11 UTC 2002

I've been working for a while in an older 3.2 and have just started to investigate moving forward a bit. If I do something like:

Object subclass: #MessageSend
	instanceVariableNames: 'receiver selector arguments ignorethis'
	classVariableNames: 'ANewClassVar '
	poolDictionaries: ''
	category: 'Kernel-Objects'

in 3.2 at 4653, all works as expected, but in the latest (4917), the class variable is not accepted. Doing the same thing a second time will accept the class var. The key point is that adding an instance var and a class var at the same time will only change the instance var. I haven't gotten to the root of the problem - maybe Andreas or Nathanael will have some thoughts.

Cheers,
Bob