Squeak/Linux.

Kevin Fisher kgf at golden.net
Fri Aug 9 15:44:34 UTC 2002

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 08:36:08AM -0700, Michael Rueger wrote:

> Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> >On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Alan Grimes wrote:
> >

> >>Squeak should _NOT_ use X, as that would be redundant and wasteful.
>
> I wouldn't go that far, but having the option would be nice.

Yes, and this is why I think SDL would be a great way to do it.  If
Squeak uses SDL it will magically gain the ability to run on the framebuffer
AND on X11, from the same executable.

I've seen SDL games do this...they can be run under X11 and on the raw
framebuffer.  'lbreakout' is one such game...I ran it on the raw tdfx
framebuffer once...it still had a mouse cursor too, so I wonder if SDL
takes care of that?