More ProGear Tablet stuff

reic0024 at d.umn.edu reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Mon Aug 12 17:45:45 UTC 2002

Hi howdy,

My girlfriend got one of these puppies, as I mentioned the other day.
Just thought I'd let everyone know the surprising values returned by 0
tinyBenchmarks- about 22 million bytecodes/sec and 100k sends/sec!
Definately didn't seem too shabby for what I'm told is similar
performance-wise to 233 MHz PIIs.  Perhaps Squeak uses the same
instructions, and the instruction caching thing is to blame.  I mean,
heck, that's 2/3rds as fast as my 500 MHz iBook under Linux, but half as
fast as Squeak is under OS X.  Definately nothing to shake a stick at,
performance 'felt' pretty nice too.  Felt as fast as my 400 MHz Celeron
I use at work.

Aaron